Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Possible Scene for Final Project

So I figure I'd try to write a little part of a scene and see how that goes. Let me know what you think :)
This is particularly based around the end of the play, when Puck's love has a little monologue.

     [to self]
Puck: 
O dear sweetest love, 
betrothed to one, noble, other than me,
Hast though forgotten of we? Memories
fill my soul with longing for thee. Wretched
inability, must we not be for
society?
     [sees potion]
Ah, Oberon giv'st me of this potion
To cure within me of my love for thee.
O, please rid me of this fine cruelty.
     [takes drink, falls asleep]  

Ortegia enters.

Ortegia:
Where has thou been, my heart? Hearest thou good man?
Sep'rated we forever be. But if not 
For royal duty, we toge'er could be. 
But tho we now must be apart, you will
fore'er be in my heart. A way I'll find,  
we'll be toge'er one day.
      [Puck awakens]

Puck:
Why miss, whatever you do mean? For I
ne'er gav'st my heart to thee.
I know not what thou speakest of,
Why dost thou talk about this love?

Ortegia:
Oh no! My love, hast forgotten of me!
What could this potion ever be, to cause
Us such difficulty?
Coulds't thou be this night struck with moonshine?
[aside]
My mem'ry of thee will endure for thee
For I will endure. To fight for love's sake
Tis just enough, if we again will be.

Exit.


So, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Well done Anne!
    The plot and blocking is just like Romeo and Juliet and how they end.

    ReplyDelete