Thursday, February 9, 2012

Intertextuality

So, on Wednesday, I had a test in my Geology of Planets class. As I was reviewing some of the slides from class I stumbled upon a slide that referred to Shakespeare! During class last night when we were talking about intertextuality, I remembered seeing this slide: (sorry, I couldn't link it to the exact slide... it's slide 26 of 26 :))
I thought this was pretty cool because it is relating it to Shakespeare's play As You Like It. Although I haven't read the play yet, I have heard the quote before (found at the bottom of the page, the last quote of Jaques). I love how as Jaques is comparing the world to a stage and the people as players with their own definitive roles, my class is comparing the solar system to a stage, and the different components of creation as players with their own roles. I never would have thought to connect outer space to Shakespeare, but I think this was a particularly good quote to use as a comparison. Both texts go step-by-step through the development process and are both extremely descriptive. It just goes to show that you really can connect Shakespeare to anything!

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I love the connection. Planets vs. Players. Space vs. Shakespeare. :)

    ReplyDelete