Monday, January 23, 2012

Friendship

Today, I chose to read Act 3 and 4 of the Merchant of Venice. So much went on throughout the two acts, but what I noticed the most was just the genuine friendship between Bassanio and Antonio.

-“It is impossible I should live, all debts are cleared between you and I, if I might but see you at my death. Notwithstanding, use your pleasure: if your love do not persuade you to come, let not my letter.” (Bassanio, reading Antonio)

-“You cannot better be employ’d, Bassanio, Than to live still and write mine epitaph.” (Antonio)

-“Antonio, I am married to a wife Which is as dear to me as life itself; But life itself, my wife, and all the world, Are not with me esteem’d above thy life: I would lose all, ay, sacrifice them all Here to this devil, to deliver you.” (Bassanio)

I love their relationship with one another. It makes me want to be a better friend to others. To just love another so truly is incredible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment